We will create a community of information literate lifelong learners. We will expand the technology knowledge of everyone in our schools. Curriculum will be enriched through the integration of library media materials and technology. With our expanded knowledge base and technology integrated curriculum, we will be prepared to embrace the changing classroom that awaits us.
Library, Media, and Technology Services contribute to student achievement and lifelong learning by:
· creating literate citizens with 21st century skills
· facilitating effective application of technology to learning and information access
· creating information literacy among students and staff
· integrating and linking information technology across the curriculum providing welcoming, accessible, student centered library media centers
1. A robust library media program fosters an interest in reading and lifelong learning.
2. All children should have access to library media materials and technology.
3. Technology is another useful tool in educating children when integrated into the curriculum.
4. Information literacy is a critical skill needed by students and educators.
5. Staff needs to be knowledgeable, competent, and comfortable users of technology.
6. Library Media and Technology Specialists have a central role in the development of information literacy and the integration of library media materials and technology into the curriculum as it meets the needs of each school building.